Faq Casablanca Hotel | Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (Faq Casablanca Hotel ), Hotel Casa Blanca is located in the heart of Old San Juan, on historic Calle Fortaleza. Our hotel is a short walk from many Historic Sites and attractions. Exciting sounds of the old city drift you off to sleep as you sleep comfortably in your Moroccan furnished accommodations. Our beautifully decorated lobby and Restaurant/Lounge offer you an upscale and cool atmosphere to relax and enjoy your stay.
Faq Casablanca Hotel | Frequently Asked Questions
Faq Casablanca Hotel
Do you have an elevator?
Yes, we have a brand new panoramic elevator
Does the hotel offer free Airport Shuttle pickup?
No. There are no shuttles allowed in San Juan City.
How much is a taxi from the airport?
Taxis are $21 plus a $1 per each bag (subject to change), time can vary depending on traffic, but it is usually 15 minutes. Private Limo pickup service may also be scheduled through the hotel
What do you need to make a reservation?
We require a deposit on one (1) night at the time of booking.
What is your cancelation policy?
3 days prior to your arrival date for 100% refund of the deposit.
What time is check in/check out?
3pm / 12pm
How much is a late check in/check out?
$20 up to 2:00pm and full night after 3pm
Are rooms non-smoking?
Yes, Puerto Rico was declared a smoke free zone and there is a $250 fee for smoking in the room.
Do balconies have chairs?
Yes, balconies have two chairs
Do you have someone to help with our bags?
Yes, we have a bellman (tips are appreciated)
Is breakfast included with the room?
No, you can order a la carte breakfast at our Café in the Lobby
Is it safe?
Yes, Old Town is the house of the Governor of Puerto Rico and violations here are of US Federal jurisdiction. So not much happens here, just be safe and don’t be reckless.
What is the best way to get to the hotel?
Taxi, bus may take you an hour to get here but it is interesting. There are no hotel shuttles in Puerto Rico. We do offer prescheduled VIP Airport Pickup (round trip) $65.
Do you have rooms on the first floor?
Yes, we have two handicap rooms. Please call the Hotel to make special request. Please not that due to the historic nature of Old San Juan Buildings there is not ramp at the Hotel Entrance and there is one big step.
Do you have a pool?
No, we have stone bathtubs on the rooftop that are unique individual mini pools. Mainly to freshen up and sun bathe while enjoying the view, or to star bathe and relax during the night.
How far is the closest beach?
5 min walk, right in front of the Capitol Building. If you walk a mile and a half East you find Escambron Beach where you can rent Kayaks and snorkeling gear. Call Scuba Dogs for information (787) 977-0000
How far are you from the Ports 1-4?
Three blocks away, a short walk with not so heavy luggage, taxi’s are $10 plus $1 per bag
What about the Panamerican Pier?
$15 taxi ride, plus $1 per bag (5 min drive)
Do you have parking?
No, Old Town is mostly pedestrian. However, the nearest parking garage “Paseo Portuario” a light yellow multilevel parking provides all Hotel guests with a $5 fare for 8 hours with your reservation details.
Can you drink out on the streets?
No, drinking outside of a Bar is prohibited
Where is the nearest Salsa place?
Newyorrican Café, famous for live artist performance, located just a couple feet from CasaBlanca. On Capilla alley.
Reservations & Cancellation Policy
- Hotel Casablanca requires that guests pay the first night as a deposit at reservation time due to limited room availability.
- Deposit will be fully returned reservations cancelled or modified reservations at least 3 days before the first check-in date. However, cancellations or modifications within 3 days of check-in may forfeit the first night’s deposit.
Room Occupancy Policy
- Please verify maximum room occupancy at checking time as this varies from room to room.
- Parents may include up to two children (must be under 12 years) in a standard room; although additional “roll-away” beds may not be provided.
- Additional guests beyond a room’s normal occupancy may incur additional charges, so please verify with front desk at book-in or check-in time.
- Internet Wi-fi is available free of charge in all hotel rooms and public areas.
- Guests should verify with front desk at check-in to receive an access key.
- A la carte breakfast is available for purchase at Rick’s Café in the lobby. Please see the menu for prices.
- No hotel parking. Nearest parking garage is “Paseo Portuario” self-parking for $5 fare for 8 hrs with Hotel Confirmation Receipt.
- Pets are not allowed. Although many of us at Hotel Casablanca own and love pets, they could in some cases be a disturbance to other guests, and as such will have to stay home when you come visit :’-(
Restaurants recommended by us :
Breakfast: Café Americain (lobby), Wafflera (San Jose St), Manolin Cafeteria
Lunch: Café Puerto Rico (Plaza Colon), Siglo XX (next to the Hotel)
Diner: Pirilos (on our street),
St. Germain, Tres cent Once 311 (fine dining)
Coffee Places: Caficultura (Plaza Colon), Bad Ass Coffee (Plaza de Armas)
Street Food: Near the ports, and also near the bus station.
Night Clubs: La Factotia (San Sebastian St), NYorrican Cafe (Capilla Alley)
Beer Bars: Lupulo (San Sebastian St), The Brewery (Near ports)